While I do discuss books at length on this blog almost exclusively, I do partake extensively in another form of entertainment - television. I absolutely love TV, much more than I enjoy watching movies. While I do like movies, television has the blank canvas of HOURS in order to develop characters, story arcs, and the mythology behind the show’s premise. You can’t accomplish that kind of depth in the measly two hour time frame of a movie, not unless it has many sequels.
I was over at Michelle’s blog (My Books. My Life.) and she was discussing the fall TV shows she’s excited to tune into, and I was inspired to do the same.
Returning TV Shows
- How I Met Your Mother
- The Sing-Off (I love a capella. That is all.)
- Hawaii 5-0 (I am SO excited that Terry O’Quinn, AKA John Locke, is going to be doing an arc on this show)
- Glee (It’s going to take some convincing to keep me watching this show all the way through the third season. While I really enjoyed the first season, I was incredibly disappointed in the second)
- Body of Proof (This show was rocky at the beginning, but it evened out well, and I like the cast dynamics)
New TV Shows
- Person of Interest (Ben Linus and the Count of Monte Cristo preventing crimes? Yes please.)
- Prime Suspect
- Ringer (To be honest, I’m not sold on the premise of this show, but the casting is so good that I’ll at least give it a chance)
- Grimm (Again, not sure how well this show will work, but will give it a chance)
- Once Upon a Time (I’m pretty sure only one of these two fairy tale shows will make it, but I’m interested enough in both.)