TwentyEleven Challenge - I enjoyed the TwentyTen Challenge, hosted by Bart’s Bookshelf, so I was excited when the TwentyEleven Challenge was announced! It runs from January 1 through December 31, 2011. To fulfill the requirements of the challenge, I need to read a minimum of one book and maximum of two books in each of the following categories.
1. To YA or not YA… (read 1 or 2 YA titles, since I mostly read adult fiction)
2. …With a Twist (focus on a subgenre I don’t normally read)
3. Hot off the Presses (book(s) published in 2011)
4. It Wasn’t Me (Books picked up on the recommendation of another blogger)
5. Show it Who is Boss! (TBR books already on your shelf as of December 2010)
6. Bablefish (A book in translation)
7. Will-Power? What Will-Power? (Book bought new during 2011)
8. Mind the Gap (Final book needed to complete/get caught up on a series)
9. Back in the Day (Re-read an old favorite)
10. Way Back When (Published before you were born)
11. Slim Pickings (Any book between 90 and 150 pages long)
Another challenge I’m entering is the Foodie’s Reading Challenge, hosted by Margot from Joyfully Retired. I’m joining at the “Gourmet” level, which means I need to read 10-12 foodie books - these can be memoirs, a food biography/history, cookbooks, or novels that center around food. As I love foodie books, this is a challenge I’m really looking forward to!
It’s not really a challenge, but I’m also joining the 2011 Maisie Dobbs readalong, hosted by Book Club Girl! This is a series I have always been wanting to read, so I figure this is the perfect chance to do so. The schedule is a little tight, so I’m not sure how well I’m going to be able to keep up, but I want to at least get through the first few books!
January 14th - Maisie Dobbs
January 31st - Birds of a Feather
February 14th - Pardonable Lies
February 22nd - Paperback edition of The Mapping of Love and Death goes on sale
February 28th - Messenger of Truth
March 14th - An Incomplete Revenge
March 22nd - Hardcover of A Lesson in Secrets goes on sale
March 28th- Among the Mad
April 11th- The Mapping of Love and Death
April 25th - A Lesson in Secrets
I’m also joining the 2011 Audiobook Challenge, hosted by Teresa’s Reading Corner. I just got into audiobooks in 2010 and have really been enjoying them! I’m joining at the Addicted level, which means I need to listen to 12 audiobooks in 2011.