I do ask for mailing addresses up front when entering giveaways to simplify the process on my end. I am the only one who sees these mailing addresses, and they are not shared with anyone. If you are a winner, your mailing address will be only shared with the fulfiller of the giveaway. Address information is deleted within one (1) week of the fulfiller’s acceptance of the winner’s address.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE, PLEDGE, OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. TO ENTER AND PLAY: There is one (1) way to enter: visit S. Krishna’s Books and either fill out the form or e-mail S. Krishna directly regarding the book being discussed, following the information on the Book Giveaway post. Winners will be randomly selected by S. Krishna. There is a limit of one entry per person per Book Giveaway. S. Krishna’s Books will not be responsible for incomplete, illegible, or lost entries or for failure to receive entries due to technical failures of any kind, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. S. Krishna reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Book Giveaway.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Book Giveaway is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Country restrictions are detailed on each Book Giveaway post.
4. PRIZES: Book values will vary for each Book Giveaway. If you have any questions regarding the value of a prize, please contact S. Krishna via email.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received by S. Krishna.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: The winners will be notified by S. Krishna via email within two (2) weeks of the Book Giveaway end date. The winners’ addresses will be forwarded immediately to the Book Giveaway fulfiller who will send the books to the winners directly. Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. Prize is nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed. The Book Giveaway fullfiller is solely responsible for providing the books directly to specified winners. S. Krishna assumes no liability for books not properly presented by the Book Giveaway fulfiller. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on the prize. Except where prohibited, participation in a Book Giveaway constitutes entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
7. PARTICIPATION: Participation in the Book Giveaway constitutes an agreement by each entrant to comply with these Official Contest Rules. In the event the Book Giveaway is compromised by causes beyond the reasonable control of S. Krishna’s Books which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Book Giveaway, S. Krishna reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Book Giveaway. Should the Book Giveaway be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, S. Krishna reserves the right to award the prize based on the entries received before the termination date.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Book Giveaway, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Book Giveaway, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Book Giveaway, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and S. Krishna, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Virginia, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the Book Giveaway, entrants release S. Krishna, any Publishing Company, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Book Giveaway or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
11. SPONSOR: The Book Giveaways are sponsored by S. Krishna, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Book Giveaways shall be final and binding in all respects. S. Krishna will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the Book Giveaways. If you have any questions regarding the Book Giveaways, please contact S. Krishna via email.